Anytime Egg Recipes
Egg Salad Extraordinaire Yield: 24 servings
- 24 large Pete & Gerry's Organic hard-cooked eggs, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup organic radishes, trimmed and chopped
- 1 cup of organic celery, chopped fine
- 11/4 cups of fresh organic apples, cored and chopped
- 4 oz. chopped peanuts (or other chopped nuts)
- 1-12 cups Stonyfield Farm organic plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup of Spectrum organic Omega 3 mayonnaise
- 12 Barowsky's organic English muffins, split and lightly toasted
- 24 slices of Native Forest organic canned pineapple, well drained
- Small black olives, sliced
- Blend the chopped, hard-cooked eggs, radishes, celery, apples, nuts, yogurt, and mayonnaise. Cover and refrigerate until service.
- To serve, top each muffin half with pineapple slice and a scoop of egg salad.
- Top salad with black olive slices. If desired, garnish with apple slices and an egg wedge.
*You can find organic versions of all the ingredients at your local supermarket or natural foods store.
Ever-So-Easy Deviled Eggs
Deviled eggs make a great hand-held snack for both kids and adults or a pretty appetizer for guests. Whatever the occasion, this easy-to-prepare version goes together in minutes. Ingredients
- 6 hard-cooked Pete and Gerry's Organic eggs
- 1/3 cup (2.66 oz.) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/3 cup (1.33 oz.) reduced-fat shredded cheese with taco seasoning or Cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced green onions with tops
- Additional minced green onions, optional
- Pimiento strips or parsley leaves, optional
Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks. Set whites aside. Mash yolks with fork. Stir in sour cream, cheese and 3 tablespoons onions. Refill whites, using 1 heaping tablespoon yolk mixture for each egg half. Garnish with additional onions and pimiento, if desired. Chill to blend flavors. Makes 6 servings. Egg Boiling Tip
: For better boiled eggs, place eggs in cold water on stovetop. Bring water to boil. Immediately remove from heat, cover and let stand for 15 minutes. Rinse in cool water and peel.