Farm to Table Recipe: Lemon Meringue Tart from Chef Lynn Mansel
Pete & Gerry’s Organic Eggs Lemon Meringue Tart Recipe (courtesy of Chef Lynn Mansel)
And now that we’ve tempted you with the picture here is the recipe.
- 10 oz. plain King Arthur’s Flour
- Pinch of salt
- 2tsp granulated sugar
- 6oz unsalted butter, diced, room temp
- 1 large Pete and Gerry’s Heirloom egg yolk
- 8-inch diameter tart shell (with removable bottom)
- Mix flour, salt, and sugar together.
- Add butter and egg yolk, then mix lightly until it’s a firm ball.
- Chill for 30 minutes before rolling.
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 3/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 6 large Pete and Gerry’s Heirloom Eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Roll out chilled pastry dough on floured surface about 1/8″ thickness. Use it to line tart shell, leave a little excess hanging over pan’s edge. Let rest for 30 minutes.
- Line tart shell with parchment paper or rice paper and bake about 12-15 minutes (or until light golden brown). Remove and cool.
- Reduce oven to 275 degrees. Whisk all ingredients for tart filling.
- Trim edges of tart shell and remove parchment or rice paper.
- Place shell on middle oven rack, pull out slightly, and pour in filling. Carefully slide back in.
- Bake until filling looks firm and slightly set (about 30 minutes).
- Turn oven off, let tart set and cool inside for another 45 minutes.
- 4 large Pete and Gerry’s Egg whites
- 2 tbsp of granulated sugar
- For best results for this dessert recipe, make 10-15 minutes before serving.
- Preheat broiler. Warm sugar without melting or dissolving – just warm it.
- In a clean bowl, whip egg whites until you see soft peaks. Add warm sugar, then continue beating until you see firm, glossy peaks.
- Spread over lemon tart and broil about 4-5 inches from a heat source, until golden brown. Alternatively, you may run a blow torch over the meringue until caramelized.
- Let cool briefly and serve complete product.
To find out more about this fabulous recipe and also about Pete and Gerry’s Organic Eggs at this year’s Mohegan Sun Wine Fest please take a look at the event recap from our Blogger friend Caitlin of “Cait Plus Ate”–Pete and Gerry’s Lemon Meringue Tart
Also, don’t miss our “Pin to Win” Baking With Love Contest on Pinterest. Show us what “Baking With Love” means to you by creating your own Pinterest board featuring your favorite Valentine’s Day recipes and treats. Enter your board into our Baking With Love contest by February 14 for a chance to win great prizes from King Arthur Flour. #bakingwithlove