Chocolate Chambord Cake
This cake was a contest winner on our Facebook page!
- 1 cup HIGH quality cocoa
- 2-3 cups bread flour
- 1/3 cup corn starch
- 2 Pete & Gerry’s Organic eggs at room temperature
- approx 3/4 stick of butter melted or 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1.5 cups butter milk, milk, eggnog or half and half (use anything you have in the house, including condensed or evaporated milk)
warm brewed coffee or instant coffee
- 1.5 cups sugar ( organic cane , I prefer sugar beet sugar)
- 2-3 teaspoons of baking soda or powder
- 2-3 tbs vinegar
- Kahlua liquor, Chambord Liqueur
- Optional: mixed berries
When the cake is semi frozen, it is way easier to cut and fill.
- Mix fluids together ( coffee, milk, vinegar, butter )
- Beat eggs and sugar until white and foamy.
- Add dry ingredients. Whisk fluids into the dough until the batter looks right. It should be sort of like pancake batter.
- Bake at 360 until toothpick comes out dry.
- Freeze the cake for about 1 hr when cool, with parchment attached.
Whipped cream – cocoa, heavy cream, powdered sugar.
Filling : sour cream, cocoa, honey