Gluten Free Sugar Cookies
Jessica at Gluten Free Boston
A great gluten free treat that is fluffy, soft and sweet, for the holidays or anytime!
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 large Pete & Gerry’s Organic egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- 2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour + more for rolling/dusting
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Roll out the dough onto a lightly floured surface, about ¼-inch thick.
- Cut out the dough with selected cookie cutters, and place the cookies on the baking sheet. Make sure the cookies are not touching.
- Reform and roll out the scrap dough, then continue cutting more cookies.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from the oven, and let the cookies cool for 5 minutes on the cookie sheet before removing them to a cooling rack. Cool completely before decorating.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.