Maples Inn Organic Blueberry Stuffed French Toast
Courtesy of the Maples Inn in Bar Harbor, Maine
10 Pete and Gerry’s Organic Eggs
12 slices of Barowsky’s Organic White Bread
2 8-oz packages of organic cream cheese
1 cup of organic fresh or frozen wild Maine blueberries
1/3 cup Maple Grove Farms Organic Maple Syrup
2 cups Stonyfield Farm Organic Milk
1. Remove the crusts and cube the bread.
2.Spray the bottom of a 9″x13″ glass baking dish with vegetable spray and place half of the bread cubes in the pan.
3. Cube the cream cheese and put it on top of the bread.
4. Distribute the blueberries over the cream cheese.
5. Put the remaining bread cubes over the blueberries.
6. Beat the eggs, add the maple syrup and the milk.
7. Pour this mixture over the bread and cheese.
8. Place foil over the dish and refrigerate overnight.
9. In the morning, place the covered dish in the middle of a preheated 350°F oven and bake for 30 minutes.
10. Remove the foil and bake for another 30 minutes or until the French toast is puffed and golden.