Organic Toad in the Hole
Courtesy of Sandra Laflamme
A Classic from Across the Pond. Get your English Breakfast on!
2 slices Barowsky’s Organic white or whole wheat bread
2 tsp. Catania-Spagna Atlantic Organic olive oil
2 Pete & Gerry’s Organic Eggs
Salt and pepper
1. Cut out center of each bread slice, using a 2-1/2 to 3-inch heart, round or other shape cutter; reserve cutouts.
2. Coat large nonstick skillet lightly with oil.
3. Toast bread slices and cutouts on one side in skillet over medium-low heat until golden.
4. Turn bread pieces over.
5. Break and slip an egg into center of each bread slice.
6. Cover pan and cook slowly until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard, 5 to 6 minutes.
7. Season eggs with salt and pepper.