Organic Italian Frittata with Asparagus
courtesy of Belinda Randell, The Organic Cook
1 small brown onion, diced finely
2 garlic cloves, mixed to a paste
1 small red capsicum, sliced very finely
1 bunch asparagus
1/2 bunch parsley, washed and picked
Sea salt and pepper to season
1 tomato, chopped roughly
1 tablespoon tomato paste
3 tablespoons Atlantic Organic extra virgin olive oil
8 Pete and Gerry’s Organic Eggs
1 small tub ricotta
1 teaspoon coriander seeds
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1/2 teaspoon black pepper corns and sea salt
Serve with a green salad and good quality sourdough for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
1. Grind the coriander seeds, cumin seeds, black pepper and sea salt in a mortar and pestle. Set aside.
2. Fill a saucepan with boiling hot water almost to the top and put in the asparagus. Blanch quickly for 2 minutes and remove and refresh with cold water. Gently slice the asparagus spears in half.
3. Heat the olive oil gently in a fry pan and add onions and garlic. Sauté until translucent.
4. Add in the red capsicum, asparagus, tomato paste, tomato and zucchini. Stir for 5 minutes.
5. Whisk the eggs in a bowl and season with sea salt and pepper.
6. Add the parsley and then slowly pour into the fry pan coating the whole pan.
7. Using a tablespoon place dots of ricotta on top of egg mixture.
8. When the base is cooked, sprinkle the fresh spice mix and a splash of olive oil and put the fry pan under the grill for 5 minutes to cook the top of the frittata until golden.