Dessert Recipe: Pumpkin Cheesecake
Pumpkin, a favorite fall ingredient!
Cheesecakes are pure indulgence, and this one will impress your most discriminating guests. It’s creamy and rich, and the pumpkin gives it a seasonal flair. Other than the cognac, you can find organic versions of all the ingredients in your local supermarket or natural food store.
2 cups organic graham cracker crumbs
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/3 cup melted butter
1/4 cup organic sugar
1. Preheat oven to 425°.
2. Combine ingredients and press into bottom of 10″ spring-form pan.
3. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
4. Remove from oven.
5. Reset oven to 325°.
2 lbs organic cream cheese softened
3 tablespoons Maple Grove Farms organic maple syrup
1 teaspoon ginger
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 cup organic whipping cream
1-1/4 cups organic sugar
3 tablespoons cognac
4 Pete and Gerry’s Organic Eggs at room temperature
1 cup Farmers Market organic canned pumpkin
1. Beat cream cheese with mixer in a large bowl until smooth.
2. Gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy.
3. Add maple syrup, cognac, ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg.
4. Blend thoroughly.
5. Add eggs, one at a time, beating thoroughly after each one.
6. Add whipping cream and pumpkin.
7. Mix well. Pour onto cooled piecrust in spring-form pan.
8. Bake at 325° for 45 minutes, then turn oven off but do not remove cheesecake.
*Do not open door during baking time or for one hour after oven is turned off!
2 cups organic sour cream
1 tablespoon Maple Grove Farms organic maple syrup
1 tablespoon cognac
1/4 cup organic sugar.
1. Preheat oven to 425-degrees.
2. Blend ingredients, spread over cheesecake and bake 10 minutes.
3. Allow to cool at room temperature.
4. Chill for at least 3 hours before removing sides of pan.
We hope you enjoy this delicious organic pumpkin cheesecake as a part of a potluck or favorite fall feast.