Free Range Organic Egg Farm Tours
Many of our fans ask us if they can tour an organic egg farm. The answer is yes! We are very proud of our farms and are eager to share how we raise our Pete and Gerry’s free range hens!
We’re excited to offer several farm tours for the 2017 summer season.
- June 10th in Newmanstown, PA
- June 17th in Lyndonville, VT
- August 26th in Newmanstown, PA
A few important notes about our tours:
- We can only offer a handful a year because our small farms are all-hands-on-deck operations. So our farmers have to be in the hen houses tending the flock and packing the eggs every single day, and it’s a big job usually handled by one person or a small family.
- We have to observe very careful safety precautions with the recent outbreaks of Avian Influenza, among other disease risks. If someone visits one of our farms who happens to have their own hen house, and some tiny micro-organism has hitched a ride on their boots or clothing, that family might lose an entire flock. So unfortunately, even though we encourage everyone to raise their own hens when possible, we cannot allow those who have regular contact with live poultry to tour our farms. Sorry!
Please click here to sign up for a tour.