Greencastle, PA – Maintenance Supervisor
Overall Responsibility: The maintenance supervisor is an integral member of the Maintenance Department. The position combines the responsibility of hands-on maintenance with the supervision and leadership of a maintenance team. This position involves the development and implementation of a preventative maintenance program, troubleshooting machinery, new equipment installation, and general facility maintenance.
Key areas of Responsibility:
- Lead, develop and co-ordinate activities of the maintenance team.
- Develop and co-ordinate the preventative maintenance, downtime reporting and work order programs to maintain equipment in proper working condition.
- Prioritize work orders and emergency repairs based on equipment criticality and operational needs.
- Maintain SOP’s to keep the facility ready for customer inspections as well as governmental inspections
- Work with outside vendors on projects or repairs.
- Maintain record of all repairs and preventive maintenance accomplished and cost associated with each piece of equipment.
- Perform maintenance and repairs on manufacturing equipment and support all aspects of production and maintenance activity, which including preventative maintenance, corrective maintenance, emergency repairs, new equipment installation and enhancements, and lean initiatives.
- Support production with changeover, product set-up and start-up.
- Utilize knowledge, or gain knowledge in the general operation and maintenance of building systems, including ammonia refrigeration systems.
- Ability to learn egg grading system.
- Responsibility for maintaining proper housekeeping and organization of maintenance and all work areas.
- Must consistently adhere to all company, State, and OSHA safety policies and procedures.
- Must adhere to SQF and GMP policies and procedures.
Preferred Skills & Knowledge:
- Appropriate supervisory and maintenance work experience is required.
- Preference will be given to those with Vocational or Technical Degree or Certificate
- Ideal candidates will have at least 7 years previous machine mechanical experience required.
- Ideal candidates will have at least 2 years prior supervisory experience.
- Industrial Equipment background preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with pneumatic systems required.
- Basic understanding of electricity and electrical wiring as it relates to machinery and equipment.
- Ability to trouble shoot AC and DC electrical components
- Understanding of SDS and proper chemical handling
- Ability to obtain Fork Truck certification.
- Experience with hand and power tools.
- Troubleshoot diagnosis and repair of electro-mechanical equipment.
- Blueprint, sketch layout, wiring diagram, drawing & specification interpretation skills.
- Basic MS Outlook/Word/Excel, PM Program and MRP skills.
- Food Quality Safety and GMP experience preferred.
- Must be able to work as team and achieve company goals
- Good hand eye coordination
- Manual dexterity and electro-mechanical aptitude
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- 20/20 vision either corrected or without correction
- Tasks require standing, walking, bending, stooping, kneeling and climbing.
- Tasks require use of hand and arms, reaching and repetitive motion.
- Must be able to work extended hours and a flexible schedule on short notice.
To Apply for this position, choose one of the following: