Greencastle, PA – Quality Assurance Supervisor
Overall Responsibility: The Plant Quality Assurance (QA) Supervisor ensures that customer expectations of product quality are met or exceeded, by instilling a Culture of Quality within the plant. This position is primarily responsible for overseeing the quality programs, processes and procedures at assigned site, including HACCP, SQF, SOP’s and Good Manufacturing Practices.
Key areas of Responsibility:
- HACCP Coordinator and responsible for HACCP compliance at facility
- SQF Practitioner and oversees the SQF Program at plant.
- Performs internal audits to ensure ongoing compliance of food safety protocols.
- Validate performance of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) and other SQF programs and ensure overall quality expectations and guidelines are met.
- Provide personnel training on HACCP, SQF and GMP’s and JHA’s.
- Responsible for plant annual SQF Audits, and maintains all department records.
- Responsible for continuous improvement of quality and operational practices.
- Manages consumer inquiries and complaints.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationship with USDA representatives, auditors, suppliers, and other management members.
- Assists Quality Manager with ensuring current certification for all farms and processing facilities.
- Supervises local QA team.
- Bachelor of Science Degree or equivalent experience preferred
Qualifications Preferred Skills & Knowledge:
- 3-5 years previous food industry experience.
- HACCP Certification or ability to become certified.
- SQF Practitioner or ability to become certified.
- Attention to detail and uncompromising concern for quality and food safety.
- Previous Management experience preferred.
- Proven audit management skills.
- Must be able to work as team and achieve company goals
- Must be able to provide clear and concise communication.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- 20/20 vision either corrected or without correction.
- Requires use of standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and scanner/copier.
- Tasks require standing, walking, bending, stooping, kneeling and climbing.
- Tasks require use of hand and arms, reaching and repetitive motion.
- Must be able to work extended hours and a flexible schedule on short notice.
- Some travel may be required.
- Normal Production Plant environment with controlled climate.
- Exposure to fluorescent lighting.
- Noise level of normal Production environment (any exposure to noise above 85 dbl requires hearing protection).
To Apply for this position, choose one of the following: