Antioxidant Power Blend Salad
Keep it simple this week with a superfood meal prep: our Antioxidant Power Blend Salad goes from fridge to Bento box in 25 minutes.
For the salad:
4 large Pete and Gerry’s Organic Eggs
5 ounces fresh baby spinach
1/2 cup walnuts
4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1 red bell pepper
4 resealable containers or 4 pint-sized Mason jars
For the dressing:
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
1 orange, juiced and zested (about 1 teaspoon)
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spread the walnuts in a single layer on a baking sheet. Roast in the oven for 5 to 7 minutes or until fragrant. Roughly chop the walnuts into medium pieces.
- Place eggs in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring the water to a rapid boil. After the water is rapidly boiling, turn off heat and let it stand for 13 minutes.
- Remove eggs and transfer to a bowl of ice water, cool for about 10 minutes, then peel and cut into quarters.
- Wash and dry the produce. Prepare the red bell pepper by cutting off the top, slicing in half, then removing the seeds. Dice into medium pieces.
- Make the dressing by whisking the vinegar, 1 tablespoon of fresh-squeezed orange juice, a pinch of orange zest, and the extra virgin olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Once the ingredients have cooled, layer them into 4 resealable containers or 4 pint-sized Mason jars. Start with about 1 tablespoon dressing, then add red peppers, cranberries, eggs, feta cheese, spinach, and walnuts. Sprinkle each serving with leftover orange zest. Cap and refrigerate. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper just before serving. Enjoy for up to 5 days!