Apple Cinnamon Raisin French Toast Bake
See original blog post here
Here is a great idea from Tracy who blogs at havingfunsaving.com. This is a recipe that she does for what her family calls Pancake Sunday when they have friends and family over to catch up and eat.
Tracy recommends doing the first half of the recipe the night before for ease, but it works just fine to do it all at once as well.
- 6 Pete and Gerry’s Organic Eggs
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 loaf cinnamon raisin bread
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 24 oz. sliced apples, peeled – I used 2 bags of Crunch Pak Sweet Peeled Apples
The Night Before (if you have time)
- Combine eggs, milk and vanilla in a large bowl
- Rip (or cut) the bread into small pieces, about 2 in x 2 in, and drop the pieces into the bowl with the egg mixture. Set the bowl aside.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan and add apples and brown sugar
- Cook on medium heat until apples are slightly softened.
- Pour the bread/egg mixture into a 9×13 pan or similar baking dish.
- Top with the apple mixture
- Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Bake covered for 40 minutes
- Remove foil and bake an additional 15 minutes or until bread is firm.