Asparagus & Morel Salad with Black Truffle Vinaigrette
Recipe by Great Performances
Enjoy this delectable salad at home or on the go. Pack it in a glass jar for an easy travel meal.
For Black Truffle Vinaigrette
2 cups port wine reduced to ¼ cup
1 teaspoon butter
¼ cup sliced black truffles, canned or fresh
2 tablespoons chopped shallots
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
4 tablespoons white truffle oil
¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
For Morel Salad
6 ounces fresh morel mushrooms, roasted
16 stalks of green asparagus. Bottoms peeled, blanched and cut on a bias
16 stalks of white asparagus. Bottoms peeled, blanched and cut on a bias
2 Pete and Gerry’s hard-boiled eggs, sliced in rounds
3 tablespoons fresh chopped chives
- In a small saucepan over medium heat add port and reduce to ¼ cup. In a small skillet, melt 1 teaspoon of butter and sauté the truffle slices and shallots for 1 minute over medium-low heat.
- In a small mixing bowl, add port reduction, truffle mixture and remaining ingredients and whisk to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- In a large sauté pan, heat olive oil. Add morels and asparagus and cook until heated through, about 1 minute. Remove pan from heat, add ¼ cup black truffle vinaigrette, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- In mixing bowl, lightly dress baby greens with reserved vinaigrette, season with salt and pepper and toss to coat.
- Divide asparagus and morel mixture evenly between four plates, top with greens and garnish with chives. Top with sliced eggs.