Avocado Boat Egg Bake
There are a million reasons why we love avocados. High up on the list is this one: they happen to be the perfect shape to serve as “boats” that can ferry eggs directly into your mouth. Our thanks to Keri Glassman, nationally renowned dietitian and healthy living expert, for this recipe.
1 avocado, halved, pit removed
2 Pete and Gerry’s Organic Eggs
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 teaspoon fresh scallions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Use a spoon to scoop out each avocado half until large enough to accommodate 1 egg.
- Stabilize avocado in an upright position with bunched aluminum foil if necessary.
- Crack 1 egg into each avocado half and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the white is set and the yellow is slightly runny.
- Sprinkle with scallions and serve warm.