Enchiladas are a good call at any meal, and these Breakfast Enchiladas are here to prove that. Thanks to Foodness Gracious, a member of The Good Eggs ambassador program, for this recipe!
1 tbsp olive oil
1 6 oz. pack of your favorite breakfast sausages, roughly chopped
6 Pete and Gerry’s Organic Eggs, beaten
Salt and black pepper
3 cups prepared cooked hash browns
8 oz extra sharp white cheddar, grated
5-6 10 inch flour tortillas
1 28 oz. can green enchilada sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a pan, heat the olive oil and add the sausage, cook until hot.
- Add the beaten eggs and gently fold through with the sausages until the egg starts to become firm. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Lay one tortilla on your cutting board and spoon about 1/2 cup of the egg mixture onto the center of the tortilla.
- Add about 1/2 cup of the hash browns and some grated cheddar.
- Start at the end of the tortilla closest to you and begin to tightly roll into a long tube.
- Transfer the enchilada to a lightly buttered or greased 13×9 inch baking pan.
- Repeat the process until all of the fillings have been used, making sure to save some cheese to sprinkle over the top of the enchiladas.
- Once the pan is full, pour the sauce over the tortillas and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes, until the sauce is bubbling around the edges of the enchiladas.
- Garnish with some green onion (optional)