Eggs Benedict Bread Pudding
Eggs Benedict can be tricky to make for a crowd, but this version makes it easy to share. Thanks to Foodness Gracious, a member of The Good Eggs ambassador program, for this recipe!
For the pudding:
1 cup whole milk
1 cup heavy cream
2 Pete and Gerry’s Organic Eggs
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
1 1/2 cups Canadian ham, diced
1 medium sized sourdough bread boule
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, finely grated
For the sauce:
2 large Pete and Gerry’s Organic Egg yolks
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
6 tablespoons butter, melted
To make the pudding:
- Preheat the oven to 350F and lightly grease a medium sized, oven-safe casserole dish with nonstick spray or butter.
- In a bowl, whisk together the milk, cream, eggs, salt, pepper, chives, and rosemary.
- Add the diced ham and stir through.
- Cut the sourdough bread into thick slices and then into cubes about 1 square inch each.
- Add the bread to the egg mixture and gently toss, making sure all of the bread cubes are being coated with the mixture.
- Transfer the bread pudding to your prepared dish and gently pat down.
- Spread out any concentrated spots of ham or herbs.
- Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered for about 45 minutes or until the center feels slightly springy to the touch.
To make the sauce:
- Add the egg yolks, lemon juice, salt, and pepper to a blender.
- Blend on low speed until incorporated.
- Slowly add the melted butter to the mixture as it’s running on low speed until frothy.
- Serve the sauce with individual portions of the bread pudding.