Fried Rice and Spring Veggies
3 large Pete and Gerry’s Organic Eggs
2 tablespoons canola oil (or grapeseed oil)
½ medium yellow onion, peeled and diced
2 scallions, thinly sliced, white and green parts separated
½ bunch asparagus, thinly sliced on a diagonal into ½” pieces
½ cup shelled peas, fresh or frozen
½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 teaspoon ginger, peeled and freshly grated
4 cups of precooked brown rice, cooled
1 tablespoon soy sauce
4 re-sealable containers
Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and dry the produce.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of canola oil in a large nonstick skillet, then add onions, white bottoms of scallions, and a pinch of salt. Stir occasionally until just softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in asparagus, peas, half of the scallion greens, and toss. Cook until vegetables are softened, for about 4 minutes. Place vegetables into a bowl and set aside.
- Put remaining canola oil into a skillet along with red pepper flakes, garlic, and ginger. Heat over medium heat until fragrant, about 1 to 2 minutes. Toss in the brown rice, breaking up any clumps. Increase heat to medium-high. Let cook without disturbing until rice begins to crisp, for about 3 minutes.
- Whisk eggs until blended. Reduce heat to low. Add the eggs into the rice mixture, stir the eggs with the rice, and cook until set. Return the vegetables to the pan, then stir in soy sauce. Add more to taste, as well as salt and pepper, if you’d like.
- Gather 4 re-sealable containers. Divide fried rice among the containers and sprinkle with remaining scallion greens.
- Reheat before eating. Enjoy for up to 5 days.