Frozen Strawberry Lemonade Pie
Enjoy a taste of summer with this crisp and bright recipe from All Day I Dream About Food, a member of The Good Eggs ambassador program.
1 1/2 cups almond flour
Sweetener equivalent to 1/4 cup sugar (liquid or powdered)
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup salted butter, melted
Sweetener equivalent to 1/2 cup sugar (liquid or powdered)
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
4 Pete and Gerry’s Organic large egg yolks
1 Pete and Gerry’s Organic large egg
3/4 cup chopped strawberries
Zest of one lemon
1/2 tsp lemon extract
1 cup whipping cream
- In a medium bowl, whisk together almond flour, stevia, and salt. Stir in melted butter until the mixture begins to clump together.
- Turn out into a 9-inch pie pan and press firmly into the bottom and up the sides. Freeze while making the filling.
- In a blender or food processor, combine strawberries, sweetener, lemon extract and lemon juice. Puree until smooth.
- In a heatproof bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water, combine the egg yolks and egg. Whisk continuously until thickened, 7 to 10 minutes. Mixture should reach at least 160°F on a thermometer.
- Remove immediately from heat and whisk in the strawberry mixture. Let cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, beat the whipping cream until it holds stiff peaks. Carefully fold in the egg yolk/strawberry mixture and lemon zest until no streaks remain.
Spread filling in chilled crust and freeze until firm, at least 6 hours. To serve, cut into slices with a hot knife.