Good Morning Pizza
Pizza isn’t just for dinner anymore! Perfect for a lazy weekend morning, this sweet and savory Good Morning Pizza combines the complex flavors of caramelized shallots, arugula, fig preserve, and goat cheese with a few Pete and Gerry’s Organic Eggs baked sunny side up on top. Our thanks to Run Far Girl, a member of The Good Eggs ambassador program, for this recipe!
1 pre-made whole wheat pizza crust
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 ounces goat cheese
7-8 tablespoons fig spread
4 Pete and Gerry’s Organic Eggs
2-3 handfuls arugula
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Thinly slice shallots and sauté in olive oil until softened and slightly caramelized.
- Lightly grease a pizza pan with olive oil. Stretch dough across pan and top with spoonfuls of fig spread and goat cheese, gently spreading each ingredient to distribute evenly. Top with 2-3 handfuls of arugula.
- Bake for 11 minutes on middle rack.
- Pull pizza out of oven and crack eggs on top. Carefully place pan on top rack and bake for an additional 5-8 minutes depending on preferred doneness of eggs.
- Grind fresh black pepper over the top and serve.