The creamy-herb dressing in these colorful bowls adds another layer of (healthy!) flavor to this recipe—perfect all week long.
For the bowls:
3 cups cooked quinoa (see notes)
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
3 large Pete and Gerry’s Organic Eggs
1 1/4 cups canned chickpeas, drained
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 large carrot, peeled and grated
1 small beet, peeled and grated
For the dressing:
2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
1 garlic clove, minced
2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
To make the quinoa:
- Bring 1 cup uncooked rinsed quinoa, 1 3/4 cups water, and 1/2 teaspoon salt to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and cook for 17 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let it stand for 5 minutes. Remove the lid and fluff with a fork. Set aside to cool completely.
To make the bowls:
- Place eggs in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring the water to a rapid boil. After the water is rapidly boiling, turn off heat and let it stand for 13 minutes.
- Remove eggs and transfer to a bowl of ice water, cool for about 10 minutes, then peel and coarsely chop.
- In a medium bowl, toss together the chickpeas, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
To make the dressing:
- Whisk together the yogurt, garlic, the remaining 2 tablespoons lemon juice, parsley, and basil. Season with salt and pepper.
To assemble the bowls:
- Stir chopped eggs into chickpea mixture. Divide the quinoa and chickpea-egg mixture among 4 resealable containers. Top each with a quarter of the carrots and beets. Reserve the dressing (about 1/4 cup per serving) on the side until ready to serve.