Shaved Asparagus Salad with Soft Boiled Eggs
Soft boiled eggs make the perfect topping for this simple and delicious springtime salad! This recipe comes to us from Reclaiming Yesterday, a member of The Good Eggs ambassador program.
For the dressing:
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
Pepper to taste
For the salad:
1 bunch of asparagus (thicker stalks are best)
1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
Handful of sprouts
3-4 Pete and Gerry’s Organic Eggs
1 1/2 cups red potatoes, cubed
Optional: ricotta or dairy-free cheese
To make the dressing:
- Whisk all dressing ingredients together until well incorporated. Reserve.
To make the salad:
- Boil the eggs for 6-8 minutes. Remove and transfer to an ice bath for 5-6 minutes. Reserve. (You can also soft boil your eggs using an Instant Pot!)
- Add the cubed potatoes to a pot and cover with water. Add a generous pinch or two of salt and bring the water to a boil. Reduce heat slightly and boil uncovered until potatoes are tender, 5-10 minutes. Remove from heat, drain, and reserve.
- Wash the asparagus and shave into ribbons using a vegetable peeler. The easiest way to do this is to hold a wide-handled wooden spoon and grip the asparagus from the bottom 2 inches. Moving away from you, peel the asparagus into ribbons. The bottom 2 inches that you hold will be discarded.
- Peel the carrots into ribbons and finely slice the radish using a knife or mandolin.
- Add the asparagus ribbons, carrot ribbons, sliced radish, peas, and potatoes to a serving dish and toss with the dressing. Add sliced boiled eggs, sprouts, and optional ricotta or dairy free cheese.
- Serve with black pepper and lemon zest, if desired.