Spiced Apple Loaf
Just in time for fall! This recipe is from Foodness Gracious, a member of The Good Eggs ambassador program.
1/2 large apple, diced
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp butter
1/4 tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp soft butter
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
3 Pete and Gerry’s Organic Eggs
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp powdered sugar
4 oz cream cheese at room temperature
· Preheat the oven to 350⁰F. Line an 8×4 inch loaf pan with parchment paper. In a pan combine the apple, brown sugar, butter and cinnamon until the apple starts to soften. Set aside.
· In a bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, cloves, pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon.
· In a separate bowl, beat the butter and sugar using a standard mixer until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla to the mixer then slowly add the flour mixture, gradually until the batter has formed. Add the apples to the batter and fold through with a spatula.
· Scrape the batter into the prepared baking tin and bake in the oven for 45-50 minutes.
· Make the frosting by beating together the powdered sugar and cream cheese until smooth.
· Spread the frosting over the cake once it’s cool. Slice and enjoy.