Twice Baked Steak + Egg Sweet Potatoes
Many thanks to our friends at Spoon Fork Bacon for this super easy leftovers recipe.
3 medium leftover baked sweet potatoes, sliced in half lengthwise
1 cup diced leftover steak, divided
1 cup sliced leftover roasted asparagus (1/2 inch pieces, cut on a bias), divided
6 large Pete and Gerry’s Organic Eggs, divided
3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons finely shredded Comté or Gruyère cheese
Thinly sliced chives or green onions, optional
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375˚F.
- Slice each potato in half lengthwise and hollow each half out, scooping the potato flesh into a mixing bowl, leaving a 1/4”-1/2” perimeter as you scoop. Save sweet potato flesh for another use.
- Place hollowed potato halves onto a baking sheet lined with parchment.
- Evenly spread 2 heaping tablespoons of each the steak and asparagus into each sweet potato and top each with a heaping tablespoon of shredded cheese.
- Crack an egg into a ramekin and carefully pour the egg into one of the sweet potatoes, over the steak mixture. Repeat with the remaining eggs and sweet potatoes. Lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Top each sweet potato with an additional tablespoon of shredded cheese.
- Place stuffed sweet potatoes into the oven and bake until egg whites just set and yolks are still runny, 9 to 12 minutes.
- Allow stuffed sweet potatoes to cool for 7 to 10 minutes, sprinkle with sliced green onions or chives, if using. Serve.