Soft Boiled Egg and Smoked Salmon Breakfast Bowl
This recipe is from Reclaiming Yesterday, a member of The Good Eggs ambassador program.
5 out of 5 based on 1 reviews.Overall rating:
2 Pete & Gerry’s Organic Eggs
4 ounces wild caught smoked salmon
3 cups Yukon Gold potatoes, scrubbed and cut into small cubes
2 tablespoons ghee
1 tablespoon everything but the bagel spice mix (I buy mine at Trader Joes)
For the creamy dill sauce:
¼ cup Greek yogurt (sub coconut cream for dairy free)
Squeeze of lemon juice
1 tablespoon fresh dill, finely chopped
Greens, sliced cherry tomatoes, sliced avocado
- Bring a pot of water to boil and add the eggs. Boil for 7 minutes and transfer to an ice bath to cool. Reserve.*
- Make creamy dill sauce: combine Greek yogurt, lemon juice, and dill in a small bowl and set aside.
- Add cubed potatoes to a microwavable bowl and top with ½ tablespoon of the ghee. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave for 2 minutes. Stir potatoes around, re-cover with plastic wrap and microwave for an additional 2 minutes.
- Bring a pan to medium heat and add 1 to 1.5 tablespoons of ghee. Add potatoes and spread them into a single layer. Sprinkle with salt and cook 4-5 minutes without moving them. Then flip potatoes to brown on the other side.
- Sprinkle potatoes with 1 tablespoon of everything but the bagel spice mix and cook for another minute.
- Divide the potatoes and salmon between 2 bowls and top with mixed greens, sliced cherry tomatoes, sliced avocado, and halved soft boiled eggs.
- Drizzle with creamy dill sauce.
*Boiling the eggs for 7 minutes will set the whites and leave the yolk runny. For a more firm yolk, increase boil time to 8-10 minutes.
“This looks amazing!! Can’t wait to try it out at home! I’ve loved everything from Reclaiming Yesterday!!!”